Monday 7 June 2010

Conquering the lead mountain (1)

I've desperately needed to sort out and reorganise my wargaming and hobby supplies for some time now and I've chosen today to finally do it! I've got boxes, blister packs, cans of spray paint and half painted miniatures all over my desk and my bed so this could take a while (I may not be able to sleep tonight unless I get it done!). I'll do a series of posts throughout the day documenting the contents of each of the 6 drawers which were previously full of Warhammer but now lie empty by my desk. The first drawer is shown below.



This draw contains all the bases I need for the various periods I game in and these come from East Riding Miniatures but the small square and circular are from Foundry. There's also all my spare weapons such as pikes, javelins and spears along with all my spare shields and some tree stumps from Redoubt Enterprises. There's also my penknife which I use to trim flashing and the files and drill I got from Games Workshop to tidy up the mould lines. Also present are my toolset from Foundry and some 'green stuff' used for modeling and some lolly sticks which always come in handy!

Hopefully this series of posts will be very interesting for the fellow gamer as it reveals the real inner workings of my hobby and what it consists of.

5 comments:

jmilesr said...

You might consider adding a holding grid made from styrene to keep your bases sorted out. If your like me, a few openings and closing of the drawer will see those bases all toppled over and mixed up.

I have found that cleaning / organizing my workspace is a great way to break out of a painting slump. Good luck with your project and remember it's even more fun to go about creating a messy work space once you've just policed it!

Consul said...

I'd never thought of that! Thanks for the tip. I'll just have to be particularly careful for a little while thought as making a holder is fairly low on my list of priorities given the number of figures I've got to paint!

I've been in a bit of a painting slump lately but hopefully this will spur me on. I've done quite a lot of cleaning up of models and undercoating so I've got quite a lot to be getting on with!

DeanM said...

Looks very organized. My table is so bad right now that I end up moving my paints and light to the kitchen table! I will take your lead and try to clean up my space this week. Regards, Dean

P.S. I agree that a clean work area is conducive to paining. Now hop to it!

Consul said...

I've currently got my paints on the dining room table. We're having to eat our meals in amongst some AWI Brits!

Monty said...

Same hear Consul - I have liberated the dining table too - got to be done mate!

Monty