Wednesday 9 September 2009

Campaign Map



I'm currently working on the rules for my Roman campaign and the screenshot above shows the campaign map as a work in progress (taken from Photoshop CS). As you may notice, I've used the province boundaries that were in use at the height of the empire and added a few here and there to fit the campaign I have in mind. I thought that the two players could have one of the two provinces in Northern Italy each to start with and are tasked with expansion to the East or West (depending on which side you received), much like the PC game Rome Total War, eventually culminating in some kind of civil war. Like I said, I'm still trying to get to grips with the whole scenario. I don't particularly like the idea i've just mentioned and i'm not sure there's enough interest or excitement in the campaign to stop it getting boring. Also, it doesn't have a definite conclusion or ending which doesn't help! Any suggestions?

No comments: