Monday 11 May 2009

The first fruits of my labour

I've just finished painting my first blister pack of Gallic Legionaires from Wargames Foundry. They are currently without their newly painted shields as they are still drying! I also need to rush out at some stage and buy some glue to attach the shields and properly mount the figures on their bases!

It took me 5 hours to finish these 8 miniatures so I really hope i'll get much quicker otherwise it'll take an age to finish a wargameable army!

Here are some pictures of the men.



5 comments:

The Dale Wardens said...

Looking good! Don't worry you'll get quicker in painting, but having a well painted force is worth the time. I am working on my first group of 30 Roman myself...then I have to start another 70... We just have to keep plugging. Once the figures are done, they are done!

Keep the posts coming.

David S.
Minnesota, USA

Consul said...

Yeah! I'm going to completely paint all the Roman troops I have atm and then I shall buy my Gallic/Celtic army and paint that up.

legatus hedlius said...

These look great. Despite all the other periods I do I always come back to Romans!

Consul said...

Thanks! It is one of my favourite eras of history so it makes sense to want to wargame it!

Paul´s Bods said...

The one thing that really got me back into the hobby a few years back were ROMANS!! I love seeing massed groups of legionaries. :-)
After 4 years of painting nothing but roman, I have moved to other periods but I still find well painted romans like yours a treat to look at. And you command figures...top class painting.
Keep em coming !!
Cheers
Paul